Notts SVS Services Notts SVS Services (formerly Nottinghamshire Rape Crisis Centre) supports anybody, aged 13 and above, who has experienced rape, sexual violence or childhood sexual abuse, whether recently or in the past or who may have questions about a relationship or situation they are in. Our services are free-of-charge and are available regardless of whether a person has reported to the police.
We provide our service through qualified paid practitioners and trained volunteers. Our service has the Rape Crisis England & Wales National Service Standards kite mark and we are members of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and work in accordance with the BACP’s Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
The services we offer include
- Counselling helpline
- Email support (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Face-to-face counselling (short-term and long-term)
- ‘Beyond Survival’ Group Support • Independent Sexual Violence Advisor service (supporting people who are accessing the legal system)
- ‘Creating Safety’ online self-help programme
- Mindfulness Course • Access to creative therapies and groups
The above services are offered to women in a women-only space. Survivors can be offered their choice of a male or female counsellor/support worker. Our services are inclusive and include wheelchair accessible premises and interpreter provision, where required.
The Women's Centre, 30 Chaucer Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG1 5LP
0115 941 0440